#24 — I like Backpack
10 things worth sharing
Thanks again for reading my weekly email. This week, I share links on productivity, interviews, some old links, and a tool from my friend — GetTheQRCode.
- At this moment, when you’re reading my email, I’m in Orlando, Florida for the Adobe Creative Associate world championship. 2 students are with me to design a graphic design work, mostly poster or leaflet, for the non-profit client.
- My friend releases an ad-free QR code tool (https://gettheqrcode.com). Really, it’s just simple. For example, you have an URL http://example.com/present.pdf. Just append your URL to the end and you get the QR code: https://gettheqrcode.com/http://example.com/presen...
- I’m reading post on productivity: Bullet Journal for Professionals.
- And entrepreneurship: What the next Dollar Shave Club can learn from failure.
- Then interview on the process of creating Trello.
- From the same team: Designing HyperDev: How we’re tackling web development’s nagging complexity.
- Yahoo’s CEO said no work from home. Seriously?
- An old post: A peek at In/Out, an internal app at 37signals. The comments section contains a log on how Basecamp guys define their products and how their users response. (I clipped down some notes here)
- Old post again, back in 2010, it was how Basecamp and Backpack looked like. At that moment, I think Backpack was a really good idea.
- It seems now the Basecamp team has integrated the soul of Backpack into their trix editor.
Hope you enjoy my sharing. I’m now preparing for the ACA Championship. Wish that I can share some good news with you next week.
— Thomas Mak