#38 — Medium’s courage
10 things worth sharing each week.
- The hot topic this week would be Ev Williams’ Renewing Medium’s focus, which he announced to reduce the team by about one third.
- Medium has been writer’s new playground since wordpress and ghost. People love the community Medium creates for writers and readership.
- It’s a surprise and makes publications worry.
- I immediately think of the post Reconsider by Basecamp and their books Rework .
- Not a surprise that DHH wrote the Venture capital is going to murder Medium post.
- While some people are worrying about the Medium’s future, so far Medium has been great for writers.
- We have M.G. Siegler’s positive opinion and also his content finds a way post.
- Sunil’s support to Medium.
- or, can Medium be the Netflix of publishing? Mario Sundar said.
- Anyway, we need more companies like Medium. I agree.
What’s my opinion? I found many minor bugs on the Medium platform here and there. But it does create a different community that blogs and twitters can’t. It ignites the elegance of readership and opinion sharing on internet. This is the courage that we need to move the world forward.
I know it’s really easy to write the negative story, but let’s not freak out over this. I commend the Medium team for taking a risk and trying something. — Sunil Rajaraman
Anything else besides Medium? Steve Jobs’s worst decision was promoting Tim Cook.
Visionary CEOs aren’t just responsible for world-class execution of a tested and successful business model — they’re also world-class innovators. Visionary CEOs are product and business-model centric, and extremely customer focused. The best are agile and know how to pivot, making substantive changes to their business models before their markets have shifted. — Steve Blank.
And it takes a lot of courage.
Until next week,