256 Capital Partners is looking to make its first hire for our operations team.
We are looking to bring on board an operations intern in Spring 2020 who will join us in the hot seat on the rocket ship we’re currently on. This is a unique opportunity to join as an early and core member of a global investment firm.
We are looking to hire for this roles to commence February 2020. The internship will take place from February to May 2020 (Spring Semester) in Singapore with consideration for a full-time role commencing May.
Candidates offered a full-time position will have the option to work in our New York office for two months at the conclusion of their internship in Singapore.
About 256 Capital Partners
256 Capital Partners is a global alternative investment firm specializing in the management of crypto assets. Our mission for is to build the best performing alternative investment firm focusing on crypto assets.
To make this happen, we want to either be investing in the best hedge funds out there or building our own products that have unique alpha generators.You can read a bit more about who we are and what we look for here.
About the role
256 Capital Partners is looking for an operations intern (part-time) who will manage a broad range of responsibilities across finance and operation. You will be working across the entire group but primarily focused on our Multi-Alpha Fund.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented person that can balance multiple priorities, meetings, and deadlines. This role requires thorough attention to detail, exceptional flexibility in job expectations and a proactive nature, as well as a strong work and communication ethic. While the role is on operations, you will be given the opportunity to work across the investments and trading teams.
This internship role will be based primarily based in Singapore, with the option to travel to and work in our New York office for up to two months in a year.
The ideal candidates will either be a recent graduate or in his or her final semester. Upon successful completion of the internship, we’d be looking to offer a full-time role in our Singapore office, with the opportunity to second to our New York offices after your first year.
- Investment Support — Interface with the management team regarding investments in the underlying portfolio funds and dealflow pipeline;
- Operational Support — Assist in operational items such as executing investments documents, creating new entities and scouting of office space;
- Investor Relations — Support the investor relations team with the preparation and distribution of investor communications (KYC / AML, documentation, drawdown and distributions);
- Financial Reporting — Coordinate with our accountant and administrator on all the accounting records for the fund entities and management company;
- Research — Conduct research into crypto market, reporting on fund landscape and new trading strategies.
Skills & Requirements:
- Studying or have completed a relevant Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance;
- 1–2 years of experience in consulting, venture capital, investment banking, hedge fund or a startup role;
- Ability to perform and juggle numerous operational tasks at times;
- A mastery of writing and formatting research reports and presentations;
- Prior experience in the cryptocurrency markets (preferred).
- The intern role will be a part-time role based in Singapore, with 3–4 working days per week.
Benefits for you:
- Global Perspective — 256 Capital Partners has a “Global from Day 1” mandate and actively invests across different jurisdictions. You’ll have the opportunity to work across our New York, Singapore and Sydney offices;
- Travel — You’ll be offered the opportunity to travel with the team to different countries as part of the role;
- Creative Freedom — You’ll have the freedom to suggest new projects or ideas that you think can benefit the firm or our portfolio (and have a hand in running it);
- Insight — You’ll get to sit alongside the partners in company meetings, from first pitches to monthly status update;
- Networking — You’ll build an amazing network, communicating with other high-profile investors and players in this space;
- Culture — We’re a team of hustlers and entrepreneurs at heart. Radical transparency lies at the core of our values but that doesn’t mean we’re not able to have fun. We host regular team activities ranging from weekly lunches to an annual outings.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your CV and let us know about your earliest possible starting date. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations Analyst” or “Operations Intern”!