In the latest update to the Teams & Skype Admin Center Microsoft have given administrators the ability to manage teams in a centralised and graphical manner.
The main ‘Manage Teams’ screen will allow you so see and search for every team in your tenant. The tabular view will allow you to see the following values at a glance:
- Team name
- Channel count
- Member count (sum total of owners, members and guests)
- Owner count
- Guest count
- Privacy type (private or public)
Via the updated GUI you can view and edit team members, add/remove channels and amend various settings of each team.
The values you can update for each team are:
- Team profile picture
- Team name
- Conversations > Team members can edit sent messages
- Conversations >Team members can delete sent messages
- Channels > Creating new channels and editing existing ones
- Channels > Adding, editing and removing tabs
- Channels > Adding, editing and removing connectors
- Channels > Adding, editing and removing apps.
Permissions & Admin Roles
This functionality is available to Global Admins and people assigned the newly minted Teams Service Administrator role. More details of the new admin roles introduced for Microsoft Teams can be found here:
Microsoft Teams Admin Roles (RBAC)
Microsoft has finally put some structure around the administration of Teams and this arrives in the form of 4 brand new…
More details and the official announcement from Microsoft on this can be found here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/What-s-new-in-Teams-Ignite-Edition/ba-p/252531