3Box by uPort • We’re Hiring
3Box is a new distributed database for Ethereum users. We are looking to collaborate with an experienced technical community lead to develop and engage a vibrant community around the open source project. You can learn more about 3Box from our last article, Announcing 3Box and Ethereum Profiles.
You should be good at the following things to excel in this opportunity.
- Produce technical product marketing content including developer blog posts, newsletter, documentation, guides, tutorials, FAQs, etc.
- Write release notes and developer updates
- Grow an engaged developer community across the entire 3Box Community Platform, consisting of digital and IRL networks
- Grow 3Box Community HQ (Discord Server)
- Attend and build a presence at important industry hackathons, conferences, and other events
- Report ecosystem, market, community, and customer insights back to product owner to influence the prioritization of issues or features
- Conduct interviews with developers and end users to validate assumptions
- Convert interested leads into active integrations
- Manage the marketing calendar and ensure consistent delivery against collaboratively-set marketing KPIs
- Maintain and assist with the project’s Github repos and community
- Maintain an up-to-date and organized CRM to track important relationships
- Develop a structured lead qualification process
- Assist with integrations
- Provide level 1 support to users across channels
- 3–5 years working experience
- Strong technical understanding of distributed database architectures and needs of Ethereum developers
- Demonstrated interest in the Ethereum ecosystem and a more user-centric web
- Experience in business development, sales, or product marketing
- Built and grew a successful community, preferably in open source technology
- Built successful client or customer relationships
- A results-based approach, with eagerness for ambitious goals and commitment to meet them
- The most energetic personality in the room, whether digital or physical
- The most humility of any person in the room
- You like to help and elevate those around you
- You like memes, gifs, and maybe you were a community mod at some point
We’re looking for someone special to help 3Box sustainably grow our community through a smart, methodical, almost product-like approach to community development. As Community and Market Development Lead, your primary responsibilities are to cultivate an active open source developer community, to develop strong personal relationships within the community, and to serve as a trusted, helpful voice to all of our users.
To achieve this, you should be willing to dedicate effort to building a strong reputation and following within the Ethereum developer community — both online and offline, through active leadership and participation in Github, forums, online communities, blogs, social media, meetups, conferences, and more.
To achieve our mission of helping users achieve more with their data, we need your help.
A distributed database that supports public and private data for Ethereum users - uport-project/3box
🎉 Subscribe to the 3Box Community Newsletter if you want the most important updates in your inbox. You’ll also receive a link to join the 3Box Discord Server. 🎉