April 3, 2020
FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY:
1. Mr Bunny (or maybe Ms) has been eating in my back yard for two hours so far. They have eaten so much, I don’t know how they are going to get through the low spot under the fence. I’m assuming there’s a batch of babies at home.
2. Swept away by some instances of institutional kindness today, knowing that A person started them long before this day. The City of Plano is putting any senior who wants it on a bi-weekly check-up call, just to see if anything is needed or if there are questions or requests. And the North Texas Food Bank is sending their mobile unit to the elementary school near my house, again, for anyone who needs it on Monday. No questions asked. Bless their hearts, really.
3. Someone who shall remain nameless treated the stay-at-home Soto family to a big BBQ dinner tonight and breakfast with all the trimmings in the morning, prepared by a pro. Who doesn’t like a great meal, delivered to your house?
4. A neighbor brought by 6 rolls of toilet paper and 5 masks. Love in the time of corona.
5. They were carding seniors at Whole Foods this morning at the Early Elder shopping hour. Bless their hearts, too. I overheard them turning away two much younger people who just wanted to shop early.
Today, I’m thinking we’re going to make it through this time.
I want to hear what made you happy today, too.