April 8, 2020
FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY:
1. A lucious, beautiful, steely black crow flew into the yard in the middle of a phone conversation. I had to interrupt to get a better look at him.
2. On my Wisdom Elder Zoom call, we talked about what we missed about in-person, real-life meetings. I’ve been thinking all afternoon about how what we miss reveals who we are.
3. I took a bag of elastic I found in my sewing stash from years ago to a friend who is making masks for strangers and friends. It’s an odd thing to make me happy but it’s the same feeling when people were collecting household goods in their driveways to take to the tornado victims in Garland and Rowlett a few Christmases ago. People helping people they don’t know.
4. I belong to half a dozen “rescue” groups on Facebook, all oriented toward pitching in to help in times of disaster. There’s the Baptist Men who cook for folks, and the Something Navy who bring their fishing boats and rescue people from the roofs of their houses, and Toomers of Tuscaloosa that coordinates a lot of those things. People are doing that now and it makes me happy that human beings show up like that.
5. Max and Ruby are on lockdown until we get the results of Mañin’s co-worker’s wife so they stayed at home all day today. And I stayed away until about 4 when I called them out to their back deck to visit. Have to touch base with them.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today!