August 10, 2020
FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY:
1. I’m only feeding the bunnies every second day or so. They are feral so they can come and go as they like. Being a bunny in my suburban neighborhood is probably like being a bunny in heaven — huge variety of flowers and grass to eat, bird seed, probably other carrot feeders, water readily available, lots of shady places to hide, etc. I just contribute.
2. Ruby got a filling today and was completely unhinged on the ride home. Everything was silly, especially watching herself on video with half her face anesthetized. She has a very contagious laugh. Not so strategic for highway driving.
3. She dyed a handful of hair on the front of her head orange-y red. Bright orange-y red. As a surprise for her dad and me. When I told her her mom would have done exactly the same thing, she was quite pleased with herself. Kim Loehr Soto often did quirky things with her hair, including a haircut after which I insisted we stop by a wig shop to price a cover up. I’m not sure, now, why I was so angry!!
4. Made some more packing material art today. It’s coming together. There’s a Work-in-Progress shot in the first comment.
5. I stopped by Costco this afternoon to make sure they had processed our member applications. They had. It took a while. Hundreds of people in there. No social distancing. All masked up. AND the employees simply couldn’t have been any more courteous or given better service. Five stars.
And you? I’d love to hear about it.