December 23, 2020
Five things that made me happy today:
1. It’s Ruby’s 14th — all day and as much as we can stand! I attended her birth and she has been a handful ever since!
2. Lunch with three girlfriends at a place with calamari. I think that’s all they ate. Plus a soda. And a big popsicle-looking thing. (??) All four of them squeezed in to the back seat of my rental car for the short trip home.
3. While I was sweeping my front porch (which is the most amazing leaf trap), a neighbor I hadn’t met was walking by and greeted me heartily. I love to meet new neighbors. Morning, says he in a booming voice!
4. Two Soto Bengals pinned me down by climbing on my chest while I read at the Soto house this afternoon. The girls were doing loud karaoke in the living room. It was as quiet as I could get.
5. Dinner at a local Cotton Patch (kind of Tex-Mex-Southern-Chicken kind of place where everyone wore masks, even the diners when they weren’t actually eating, and there were about 10 diners in the whole restaurant besides us. (I am mourning the restaurant business.)
And you? I’d love to hear what made you happy today, even if it wasn’t a fourteenth birthday!