December 31, 2020. Finally.
Five things that made me happy today:
1. Mr (or Ms) Crow stood directly outside my kitchen window where she/he could see me in this very chair and called and called for his/her regular treat. Which I quickly got.
2. Several great conversations today with friends near and far. On the phone and via zoom. Happy and grateful we have that technology.
3. I am happy to have the dividing line that we call the calendar, so things don’t all run together. And I am happy to have the custom of leaving behind the old year and greeting the new with great hope and enthusiasm. That is good.
4. Rexie the cat has spent several minutes curling to fit inside the too-small box on my table, rather than using the much more comfortable and soft cat bed right next to it. What do cats think? And I wonder if there’s some smarter power watching my human being behavior and saying, That woman, she spends her life trying to fit in that little uncomfortable box and there is a spacious life right next door that she doesn’t inhabit. What do humans think?
5. It makes me happy to wish you the best of everything in the new year but most of all I hope you have an interesting life with lots of opportunities to grow and develop and love and be loved.
And, as always, I’d love to hear what made you happy today.