December 8, 2020
Five things that made me happy today:
1. We celebrated Mañin Soto’s birthday. Ruby ordered sushi by phone and we picked it up for a late dinner.
2. I figured out how to make a fire pit with a big wok that no one has cooked in for years. As Manin said, if we decide to cook again, we’ll just clean it out. I have pavers on my patio and eight (!!) outdoor chairs ready for a socially distanced evening.
3. The street construction is going full blast on my block now. The staging area for all the equipment is at one end of the street, the work at the other. So big and little machines are poking back and forth all day. I was remembering taking care of one little boy or another over the last many years, who all loved to go out and watch big machines at work. All the little boys are too grown up now!
4. I re-potted 3 or 4 plants today, hoping they will be happy in their new home.
5. I got one of the fullest Mexican cactus plants I’ve ever had, in a beautiful coral. I have another one that is two plants in the same pot, white and red, but it hasn’t bloomed yet this year. I put them next to each other, so the old one will get going!!
And you? What made you happy today?