February 28, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. Spring weather today — 60s and maybe 70s. I reinstalled my screen/louver window ventilator thing-ies in strategic windows upstairs and downstairs. It must be warm weather. Yay.
2. My second Covid shot is tomorrow. Here’s hoping the line moves pretty fast (mine is a drive-through) and I get little to no reaction.
3. We’re starting some new no-school routines tomorrow with Max and Ruby. I’m always excited about new routines.
4. Today was the last day of the weekend for the Partnership Explorations course. Just superb. We explored designing a life where there were no rules and no right way or wrong way.
5. Mr Squirrel (one of many) is getting very brazen about peanuts. When he hears me whistle and start distributing the peanuts, he clambers loudly over the roof next door, vaults to the top of the fence, runs front to back over the spot where I’m putting the peanuts, and waits about five feet away for me to stop. I am not going to get any friendlier than that with a squirrel but he might be easy to approach even closer.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today.