January 4, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. Max and Ruby at my house for most of the day. Mostly just hanging out.
2. We did watch a special tik tok version of Ratatouille. It was fun. Ruby especially liked it because it was tik tok. She’s a fan.
3. Their school has “flex week” this week — extra days built into the schedule in case school was closed for Covid in the fall. But they didn’t need them. So they are offering some cool special interest classes on line. I think I saw Math in the Battle of Hastings, maybe? Looks like fun.
4. Max can fix a hearty breakfast (hash browns, eggs, sausage) in a cast iron skillet without supervision now. That’s one of the things on my mental list of Ten Things You Must Know to be an Adult. (Don’t ask for the other nine but that would be an interesting exercise, right?)
5. A little piano playing. Did I say I bought an old piano stool on FB Marketplace? Claw feet. Spin to adjust the height. Not as old as my piano, but definitely in the same design family.
I love to hear what made you happy today! Go!!