June 19, 2020
FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY:
1. I have curly hair now. I know the only person truly impressed with that fact is my sister Katie Foster Dunn and myself, but it still makes me happy.
2. I got the car washed at the local drive through.
3. I finished my new puzzle and I am seriously thinking of dismantling it and starting again. If you’re not a puzzle fan, that sentence alone will convince you I’m crazy.
4. The guy at the car wash was singing some kind of welcome song (a la the Volga Boatman) as he gestured for me to get my wheels in the right groove and slopped water on the windshield with a giant mop. I was tempted to answer him in song but my windows were closed and the spray was starting.
5. I am ridiculously proud of myself for being able to go to the grocery store, get the four items on my list, check out and leave in under 10 minutes. It’s a skill to savor.
You? What made you happy today??