March 23, 2020
FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY:
1. Spent time this afternoon working on a jig saw puzzle with Ruby. Max lay nearby watching his ipad and making comments (to the ipad). We did a lot of jigsaw puzzles when I was a kid. And I still love them. This one is dinosaurs. (PS. We are doing it on my new table.)
2. Quick trip for groceries this morning. I managed to deliver a genuine thank you to several folks working there. Plus to the trash truck driver on my street. Plus a guy picking up the dumpster at Starbucks. Plus the barista at Starbuck. (There you see my privilege for the day.) I made sure I had their attention, and that they really got it. I waited until they did. They (maybe not Starbucks) are my heroes now.
3. Spent about an hour with a friend on the phone. Being a friend. Her partner is quite compromised and in the middle of some outpatient medical treatment. Probably enough said. It makes me happy to be her friend and support her. It’s mutual. Our friendship stretches from the 80s, across the world.
4. My cats are spending several hours a day in their newly attached-to-the-house catio. At least I think they are. They’re in it when I leave and still there when I come back. And when they come in, their fur is chilly from being outdoors.
5. Max planted my garden today — scattering my flower seed in the back yard (which is just a weed patch) and tamping it down with his bare feet. He is a very successful gardener, so I’m sure it will be okay. I’m actually looking forward to something pretty back there!
And you? Let me know what made you happy today! I love to read about it