March 3, 2021
Five things that made me happy today:
1. A great day with Max and Ruby today.
2. I wrote about 15 tasks around the house that they can do and they did them. We set the timer for 20 minutes. It’s amazing how much you can pick up and straighten in 20 minutes — six hands.
3. Max is working on building a city in his software app, making it look like a well-preserved 60s town, shopping centers, high rise housing for the poor, various housing styles that reflect the time. It’s quite complex and well done.
4. Ruby is reading graphic novels and finished some stunning art work in her room. Her closet door is now decorated with repetitive designs in paint . Did I saw she wrote her weekly update to her teacher last Friday without any prompting from me.
5. We ended the day with an expedition to
, our favorite garden center. We bought lots of bedding plants for the front yard (Max) and a side selection of indoor plants for Ruby. Max had a big gift certificate from Christmas, which he happily used. I got three clay pots for my winder plants that outgrew their pots over the winter. Very satisfying.
I’d love to hear what made you happy today!