Re-visit: March 30, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. Talking to a new person who’s sitting in “my” section of church this morning. They’ve been there several times, we just made some contact today.
2. I lit the chalice this morning. I haven’t done it since the first year I was a member, I think. It is a ritual I like. [Every UU church has some kind of vessel with a flame that is lit at the beginning of worship and extinguished at the end. You can make the meaning yourself.]
3. A very cold soccer game for Ruby. They lost again but I was properly dressed this time!! At least it was sunny and I love being warmed by the sun.
4. Max and I talked about school for 30 or 40 minutes tonight. His experience is radically different than my own at school but his reports about it are uniform and disheartening. I’m happy he shares with me. I am sad and stymied about his school situation.
5. Ruby is building a doll house with found materials. That girl loves to make 3D things. She’s using power tools. A little scary but Mañin Soto is with her. She takes apart one thing to make another.
How about you? What woke you up today?