Revisit: April 5, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. I had yet another teacher/counselor meeting this morning. I am on a steep learning curve and the faculty couldn’t be nicer about it. This was at Vines High School where Max is a freshman.
2. I took the surface route to get home this afternoon and came out two minutes faster than Google predicted for either freeway. Sometimes after a long day, a street drive is just much better than the freeway!
3. I watched the last 45 minutes or so of Golden Compass with Ruby this afternoon. I hadn’t seen it in a long time. It’s a beautiful movie. I had forgotten all the effects, especially the big bear, and I do love watching Sam Elliott. I might watch the beginning tonight.
4. The Turtle Creek goose pair I see from time to time was floating in the middle of the creek today, by the big circular sink hole, where the street goes underground for a block or two. He is the large, beautiful beige domestic breed, and she is the smaller, pure white. They’ve been a pair for all the time I’ve lived here.
5. Hanover Eagle Watch. (Do your own googling.)Two chicks were born this week, the usual hatch. Their egg is tennis ball size. They are white fluffy round things with a beak and eyes. The parents are so gentle and careful (and accurate with their feeding). I watch them every year. You or your kids or your students might like them. And that thought makes me happy too.
How about you?