Revisit February 14, 2019
5 things that made me happy today:
1. People are still sending me cards and letters acknowledging who Kim was for them. Amazing.
2. All my “upstairs flowers” are blooming at the moment — two Christmas cacti in the same pot, one red one white, two begonias, a kalanchoe, and something else I’m not remembering at the moment. Stunning.
3. I cleaned out a linen closet today. There’s something satisfying about running everything through the washer and dryer and folding it and stacking it back in some sort of order. Who knew there was so much stuff in there??
4. Calling the “night nurse” again about a sick grandchild. The fourth call this week (two each kid) and they are unfailingly calm and collected and courteous. And no question is too stupid. Sometimes people just have the very perfect job.
5. Got out my sewing machine to make a simple repair. Took me a while to get accustomed to it again and then I remembered how rewarding it is to sew a seam and fix something.
Bonus # 6. The bengals, in their clown collars, were romancing passers by late this afternoon. They roll around like otters on the sidewalk, inviting tummy rubs and admiring comments. It is odd to have two brothers at the Soto’s house and two more siblings at my house and their habits are so similar.
How about you? What made you happy today? I’d love to hear.