12 Habits in 12 Months (Working Out Edition) MVA
Follow on my journey about Growth, Product Hunt, and Startups.
Most people overestimate what they can do in a month and underestimate what they can do in a year- Tim Ferriss
Are you going to achieve that fitness goal next year?
Whenever their is something new I want to achieve. I give myself 30 days to form a new habit. Practice that habit everyday no matter what. Until it grows to become a love.
How do I do it?
I don’t pick goals that I can’t do at anytime from anywhere.
For example lets say “My goal is to go to the gym everyday”. That’s not realistic if I have family or traveling obligations. So I will change it to
“I will exercise everyday for 30days”
1. You can exercise anywhere for 30 minutes. Pushups, Sit-ups, Dips, Walking.
2. I start today. I start the day I form the goal. The more that you put something off the longer doubt swims around m in your head.
3. Give yourself strong and weak goals. Strong = I will go to the gym for 2 hours vs Weak = I will workout at home for 30 minutes.
Either way you are continuing the habit of working out everyday.
4. Pick a time on your schedule and stick to it. Put it in your calendar and make an alarm so that you get it done.
5. Associate it with debt. For every second you are late you are adding fitness debt.
6. Have an accountability partner. Tell someone you are going to do it. Or better yet put it online.
7. Once you have a habit of working out everyday. Then start planning your meals. Have a workout plan. But nothing will happen without starting the minimum viable action. Which is exercising everyday.
A good diet that you stick to is better than the best diet that you quit 👌