Protocol Weekly is a newsletter to exclusively showcase the progress of Ethereum layer-2 protocols.
It seems like the price of Ethereum has dropped since last week’s rally, whether it’ll cause a further plunge will be interesting to see. We’re one year strong into this current bear market and it doesn’t seem like things are about to change anytime soon. A resource I found helpful to think about bear markets is this video by a16z about s-curves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVYDkPidXrU.
The talk discusses how progress looks more like a step function rather than anything linear or exponential. To a lot of the outside world, it seems like crypto is “dead”. This couldn’t be further from the truth considering how far we’ve come as an industry. One year ago, Metamask was one of the only ways to interact with the blockchain, DeFi as an industry didn’t exist (including Dai) and a lot of layer 2 scaling/privacy was just promises (we now have state channels, zkSnarks, plasma etc). If you think about it, another bull run would facilitate 10x better user experience with the numerous mobile wallets, onramps and user education. Referring back to the a16z video, it’s like watching a sky scraper being built. For a few months it seems like nothing is happening then one day all the frames are up and it feels like significant progress has been made. It’s just a matter of time when the outside world is caught up to how much innovation has happened during this bear market.
See you all next week!
- We introduced WBTC to Ethereum earlier this year. AirSwap marketing lead Jay Kurahashi-Sofue discusses progress with the WBTC initiative and the ways DEXs like AirSwap are uniquely positioned for success in today’s blockchain ecosystem. Read the entire interview on CryptoGlobe.
- As mentioned before, AirSwap is co-hosting Fluidity Summit on May 9 at the Williamsburgh Savings Bank (Weylin). Limited early bird tickets are on sale now. You can stay up to date with event updates on the official Facebook Events page.
One thing we need help with:
AirSwap is looking for a front-end engineer to join our team! If you’re interested in what our team is working on at AirSwap, please submit an application in the “Careers” section here.
- Rolled out a hub with passive delivery on Rinkeby
- Liquidity network had an AMA with Unitimes
- We are pleased to be one of the sponsors at ETHCC and will have 2 presentations there about NOCUST and TEX. Hope to meet everyone at our booth!
- The Loopring Long Term Incentive Program begins the allowed withdrawal phase.
- Loopring BD director, Matthew, is interviewed by Elastum, a gateway to enter the crypto market with fiat, and shares thoughts regarding Loopring’s past, present, and future.
- Loopring continues to work with Polymath to further peer-to-peer trading of security tokens on a decentralized exchange.
- MPX nearly fully set up and back to parity with our pre-0x December release
- Reintegrated 0x order watcher, now begins observing valid orders on startup
- The MPX UI and dashboard look amazing, we can’t wait to show this off
- Authentication via ETH address is in place
- Added ‘settled’ filter to GET API endpoint
- Added tokens whitelist API endpoint
- Constantinople happened!
- We had a rare all-hands meeting at our Berlin offices to discuss the year ahead.
- Gautam Dhameja spoke on building a TCR on Substrate.
- New guide on setting up a Polkadot node the easy way.
- Thibaut Sardan published his user research on Fether wallet.
- Interested in building on Polkadot? The Web3 Foundation is providing grants.
- Like talking to devs and traveling? We’re hiring a Tech Ambassador.
- We released two huge UX improvements in Dharma Lever: a) an updated Dashboard that contains a user’s borrowring and lending history; b) “Optimistic” flows that cut down the time to borrow to ~1 minute
- Last week we did 48k in borrow volume. We’ve already done >50k in 2 days this week
- We’re hiring for a blockchain developer and a front-end developer. Check our our open roles here: https://angel.co/dharma-labs/jobs
- Thank you to all who have tried KyberSwap Beta iOS mobile app. To carefully prepare for submission to the App Store, Beta testing will stop on 8 March 23:59 GMT+8. Please open TestFlight to upgrade to the latest version (1.0.0–63) and backup your wallets! Read the guide.
- Quillhash integrates Kyber into their Tokenic ICO/STO launch platform, making token sales effortless for projects.
- Changelly lists KNC , allowing BTC <> KNC exchange, among other pairs.
All Our Projects:
Parity, Loopring, Matic Network, The Graph, Origin Protocol, AirSwap, Kyber Network, Wanchain, Aion, ICON, CDx, Abacus Protocol, Enigma, Set Protocol, Codex Protocol, Colony, The Graph, POA Network, Connext Network, Dharma Protocol, Paradigm, Market Protocol, Liquidity Network.
Know a protocol that should be part of this list? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.