How to Troubleshoot the HP Officejet 4650 Ink Cartridge Issues?
If you get any error message or issues after cartridge installation, this error indicates the below problems,
- Cartridge Missing
- Incompatible Cartridge.
This kind of errors may occur due to many reasons. If this error message displays on your printer control panel then you need to follow the given steps for troubleshooting cartridge issues.
First, check whether your new cartridges are compatible with printer or not, and it’s a genuine HP cartridges. If you want to check then follow the given steps.
- Go to HP printer official site and select your country/region.
- Follow the on-screen instruction.
In that, you can get “Cartridge is compatible” then continue the next solution.
Otherwise, skip this document solution and do the Cartridge replacement.
Follow this solution to ensure that, the cartridges are seated correctly.
- Power on the printer, if it is not on.
- Open the HP Officejet 4650 cartridge access door. The cartridge comes to the cartridge access area.
- Remove the cartridge from the slot.
- Note: Avoid touching the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles because this will cause the ink failure and bad electrical connection problems.
- If any protective tapes in the cartridge nozzles, remove it gently.
- Now install the removed cartridge in respective slot.
- Repeat the above solution 2 steps for other cartridge.
- Close the access door and take a test print.
If these steps solved the cartridge problem then skip the remaining solution or go to the next.
You need to clean the electrical contacts by using soft cloths and distilled water.
- Power on the printer and open the cartridge access door.
- Turn off the printer power and disconnect power cords.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the slot.
- Now clean the copper colored contacts with soft cloths and distilled water then squeeze it for any excess water and Keep it for try.
- Clean the electrical contact, which located inside the cartridge slot and try for 10 minutes.
- Insert the cartridges into the slot and close the access door.
- Power it on and take a test print.
This error may occur due to the specific cartridge problem, so identify the problem cartridge and then remove it.
- Remove the any one of the cartridge from the slot then check. If this error continues on printer control panel then try to replace the problem Officejet 4650 ink cartridges.