Facilities Required in a 5 Star Resort
The competent authority to award 5 star classification is a committee chaired by Additional Director General (Tourism) Govt. of India, along with the representatives of The Federation of Hotel & Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI), Hotel Association of India (HAI), The Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO), The Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI), Principal Hotel Management Institute and Representatives of India Tourism.
Required facilities in a 5 Star Resort are as follows:
Govt. of India has stipulated certain standards and conditions for award classification. Based on these stipulations and norms, below are the facilities that should be available in a 5 Star Resort to get a classification.
1. Minimum 10 rooms should be available for renting and all bedrooms should have a minimum size of 140 sq.ft. Should have a safe, TV with entertainment facility, a mini fridge, 2 bottles of minimum 500ml mineral water per room and a stationary folder with writing materials.
2. The bed size should be 180cm, with bed cover, 2 pillows, bed protector, mattress etc.
3. The bedroom should have an attached bathroom, free toiletries, 24hrs hot and cold water, shower cabin and 1 out of 10 rooms should have a bathtub (bath tub requirement needs to comply by 2013).
4. A bathroom should be a minimum size of 45 sq.ft., free hair driers, 1 each bath towel and hand towel.
5. Should have one multi-cuisine restaurant and one coffee shop with room service from 7am to 11pm.
6. Lift facility is required for hotels having multiple floors.
7. Minimum one room and washroom are required as disabled-friendly.
The above are the compulsory and important facilities required in a 5 Star Resort. Most of the best resorts now provide free Wi-Fi, free coffee/tea basket in room, internal telephone, basic medical facilities such as doctors on call etc. which makes a resort more attractive.
Best 5 Star Resort in Munnar
Unfortunately, no 5 Star Resort in Munnar has approved classification from Govt. of India (as on 01 July 2017). It does not mean that there are no 5 star facility resorts in Munnar. Based on the classification criteria mentioned by Govt. of India, below are the resorts, which have 5 star facilities available in their resorts, but they are not authorized 5 star resorts by the Govt. of India.
Ragamaya Resort & Spa, Munnar
Ragamaya is the best-recognized resort in Munnar which is considered as one of the luxury resorts in Kerala. This place offers one of the eye-pleasing views in the Western Ghats — the Kallimali View Point.
The resort consists of Aranya Maya — the Exclusive 2-Bedroom Family Pool Villa with Plantation View, Aranya Leela — the Exclusive Honeymoon Pool Villa and Raga Premier Lakeview — 18 Well-Appointed Lakeview Rooms with Balcony have safe deposit locker, silent mini bar, electric tea-coffee maker, sofa and tea table, private balcony with chairs and table. The resort is a fine blend of both traditional and modern architecture. The aesthetic landscaping done in a perfect harmony with the beauty of the surrounding, accents the dreamy mood of the Ragamaya ambience.
The luxury stay in Munnar here, comes along with a lip smacking, spicy Indian and International cuisine at Sameera — the multi-cuisine restaurant and you can also soothe those aching joints with a relaxing ayurvedic massage at Spandini — the ayurvedic spa.