Interview Questions (BlogPost_07)
- Describe the difference between a cookie, sessionStorage and localStorage.
Cookie can have a set expiration time, has a smaller limit and data is sent back to the server for each http request. Local has larger available size, does not send data for each http request and is stored in loacalStorage until deleted. Changes are only available in the window, or tab that it was set in and data will be lost once it is closed.
- What kind of things must you be wary of when design or developing for multilingual sites?
How the language will be chosen. How different colors and layouts may be perceived in different cultures. Formatting, such as dates.
- How do you serve a page with content in multiple languages?
Choosing the preferred language. Using accept-language and providing language info for the current page.
- Describe one thing you learned in class today.
The power and speed of jQuery. How jQuery can manipulate elements and content on the page with only a few lines.
- Describe the difference between
<script async> and
With script the parsing of the html code pauses while the script is executing. Defer has a delay while html parsing has finished. Async html will parse while script will execute as soon as it is ready.
- What are data- attributes good for?