Rise for Climate #PacificPawa
Exactly one month out from the Rise For Climate Global Day of Action our 350 Pacific Country Coordinators from across the region met up online for a Rise For Climate #PacificPawa catch up.
We told stories about the amazing things happening around the world in preparation for #RiseForClimate, and we also took that opportunity to uplift the deep organising work happening with #PacificPawa, and we are excited!
Signature numbers for our petition are growing and we already have 18 events planned in 14 different nations and its not too late for you to join one or even create your own.
With one month before Rise we really want to show the unstoppable wave of local climate action unfolding globally that is already putting the world on the trajectory to ending the era of fossil fuels- something the PCWs have been calling for globally, for years now.
Here are 5 things you can do to help us spread the word:
- Sign the Pacific Pawa Petition — Join us in calling on your local institutions to make a pledge by 2020 to transition to 100% renewable energy.
- Share the petition on Social Media and invite your friends and family to sign on — You can even use this camera effect to add the #PacificPawa frame to your profile pic
- Follow the momentum through the hashtags #PacificPawa and #RiseForClimate — You can use these to create your own posts and content. Tell us what you are Rising for in September
- Find an event near you to join or start your own. You can find a list of #PacificPawa events here. If there isn’t one already there then grab a group of your friends or family and start your own. Once you register we can send you a whole heap of resources to help you organise something great!
- Share and uplift the stories you see. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram where we are sharing stories from all the organising efforts and events happening across our region — share these and add your own to the #PacificPawa story.
In the week leading up to September 8 we will deliver the signatures from our petition to leader’s of local institutions asking them to show the world what needs to happen to keep our islands above water.
Together we are building a groundswell of support for climate leadership, and we are creating the right momentum to secure a fast and just transition to a sustainable and equitable world.
It’s time to Rise up for Pacific Pawa.