Day 269 — Fallacies Identification Passage VIII
For the following examples, identify if there is a fallacy being used (there may not be!) — and which one it is. Answers tomorrow on Patreon.com/kyliesturgess.
- My mother told me that the minister could turn bread and wine into Jesus’ body and blood, so the minister must be able to do that.
- She says she’s an expert in the subject, so she clearly thinks she’s an expert in everything, so we should treat everything she says with doubt.
- We noticed that the people using Pelicaa cleaner in the oven had more eczema, so we should have restrictions on Pelicaa cleaner on the basis of health risk.
- The poster has a clown on it; I find clowns scary, so the movie must be about scary clowns.
- Either the murderer is in the building, or it’s someone who isn’t outside of the building.
Put your answers in the comments!