E-Commerce website as a platform to increase sales
eCommerce stands for Electronic Commerce, which is a broad term for selling on the internet electronically, through a website. With the ability to process credit cards electronically on the internet, just about anything can be sold on the web. Nowadays, more people are buying online and enjoying the benefits of convenience and often lower prices. Online stores are often able to reduce prices because they are able to eliminate overhead such as having to pay employees. In a busy world like ours, convenience is everything! Shipping times are so fast now that when an item is ordered online it can often be at the buyer’s door the next morning.
Types of eCommerce Websites
e-commerce websites are labelled based on the function they fulfil:
· Business-to-Business (B2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies.
· Business-to-Consumer (B2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies and consumers.
· Consumer-to-Consumer (C2C): Electronic transactions of goods and services between consumers, mostly through a third party.
· Consumer-to-Business (C2B): Electronic transactions of goods and services where individuals offer products or services to companies.
· Business-to-Administration (B2A): Electronic transactions of goods and services between companies and public administrations.
· Consumer-to-Administration (C2A): Electronic transactions of goods and services between individuals and public administrations.
Some of the most important features we can encounter are the following
· Content management capabilities
· Promotion and discount code tools
· An easy-to-use checkout
· Search engine optimized code and layout
· Reporting tools
· An integrated blog or articles section
· Email marketing integration
· Multiple payment options (Credit card, PayPal, PO, Terms, etc.)
· The ability to scale up with your platform