Resource|Fullness: 10 Ideas on Curating Web Resources (1)
Thinking on building up curated databases, containing relevant online apps and tools for the niches you master? Just one compulsory condition: think boldly! A flower-shop resource hub, a beauty app megastore, a subscribers review platform…Just add your own to the list bellow!
- Startup builder assistant:
- Ideas apps: curator.co, mindmeister.co, elevatr.com, getstache.com etc.
- Market Research apps: javelin.com, proved.co, validetely.com, atym.com, formstack.com, typeform.com etc.
- MVP apps: quickmvp.com, designmodo.com, proto.io etc.
- go on with yours: e.g. UX, presentations, funding, analytics, collaboration, payments, investors, growth hacking, finance, hr, legal,CRM etc.
2. Fintech directory
- Funding — update and review the latest releases regarding seed funding, accelerators, crowdfunding, venture capital, angel investors, state aid schemes, corporate financing etc.
- Financial optimization: rate, review and benchmark this large toolkit area; e.g. worthworm.com, chartmogul.com, saasmetrics.co, leapfin.com, zuora.com, trufa.net etc.
- go on with your categories: e.g. ePayment, Personal finance, Financial Security, Banking infrastructure, Bitcoin, Lending etc.
3. Healthcare platform — presently there are over 800,000 apps available for each of the major mobile platforms, iOS and Android. You could start with the following categories:
- by function: e.g. calculator apps (pregnancy due date, veterinary medicine dose), conference apps (e.g., accompanies a conference often providing access to schedules and resources), diagnosis ( from self-diagnosis to psychological tests), educational content, monitoring/export, motivational, nutrition/diet, reminders (medication reminder, healthcare appointment reminder, and addiction coaching), social media (support groups for specific conditions), tracking/diary, alternative medicine (acupuncture, herbal, homeopathy, meditation, yoga) etc.
- by topic: medical conditions (diabetes, asthma), areas of specialization (e.g., pharmacology, cardiology), treatments (e.g., surgery, exercise) etc.
- by target customers: clinician, physician, student, nurse, patient, public, etc.
- go on with your categories: by price, by region, by region, by most used etc.
Now: can you make money online with these business ideas? I reckon you could: benchmark apps, tools and resources; let subscribers rate apps; keep up-to-date lists; write reviews for new added features; use add-ons; write whitepapers; let founders present their businesses on your site..
4. Bloggers widgets
5. Designers toolkit
6. Small business/freelancers database
7. SEO&Growth hacking panel
8.eCommerce — a 3d catalog
9. Leisure &Sports hub
10. Analytics apps -reinvent rating and reviewing
Got an idea on curating apps/tools/resources? Or maybe you are making money with this business right now.
Share here, I’ll be glad to take comments!