- This is according to a new report by Sage, which says 96 percent of accountants are confident about the future of accountancy as well as their role in it.
- Despite welcoming change, more than two thirds of respondents (68 percent) expect their roles to change through automation, in the future.
- Here’s what accountants are expecting from automation: almost four in ten (38 percent) see number-crunching as their number one frustration.
- Thirty-two percent still use manual methods for this work.
- A quarter (25 percent) use Excel while seven percent still use handwritten notes.
@lifeboathq: “Accountants are embracing artificial intelligence” open tweet »