- Uber’s first self-driving cars will start picking up passengers this month
- Ford and Baidu put $150M behind LiDAR for self-driving cars
- Ford also noted their previously-annouced investment in Civil Maps to augment their 3D mapping capability.
- Ford acquires SAIPS for self-driving machine learning and computer vision tech
- Ford outlined a few of the ways it’s aiming to ship driverless cars by 2021 , and part of the plan involves acquisitions.
@EladRatson: “∙@Ford acquires #Israel🇮🇱 #MachineLearning startup SAIPS for its driver-less car🚘 R&D team 🔗” open tweet »