- The Royal Society is launching a major policy report on machine learning.
- A panel of experts will present and discuss the report findings and their implications for the economy and society.
- Many services that we use every day — from image recognition on social media to recommender systems in online retail — rely on machine learning, the exciting and rapidly-developing field of science that allows computer systems to learn from examples, data, and experience.
- In addition to these existing services, machine learning promises potentially transformative advances in a range of fields, including healthcare, transport, education, and more.
- The Royal Society has been carrying out a major project on machine learning, to investigate its potential, and highlight the opportunities and challenges it creates.
@robmccargow: “Major report on #MachineLearning to be launched @royalsociety on 25 April: #AI” open tweet »