- Millions of people will lose their jobs.
- These fears have been felt with each new technological development throughout human history — the invention of the car, automation in factories, computers small and powerful enough to be used in the workplace.
- Even someone rooted in technology — Bill Gates — mused recently about introducing a tax on robots to compensate for the loss to human jobs by the rise in artificial intelligence (AI).
- Of course, we can’t overlook the impact of AI on jobs.
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) forecasts five million jobs will be lost before 2020 as AI, robotics, nanotechnology and other socioeconomic factors replace the need for human jobs.
@TamaraMcCleary: “We shouldn’t approach #technology from a place of fear #AI #Robotics” open tweet »