Part 2 of 3: The World’s Most Powerful Quotes, Updated By a Learning and Development Professional
At Traena, learning means so much more than getting the job, learning the training or getting the degree or credential.
Learning makes life worth living.
Growth and maximizing human potential is our purpose and it inspired us to update the world’s most powerful quotes, updated by learning and development leaders.
Here’s part 2 in the series. If you’d like to start with Part 1, visit here.
1. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” — Confuscious
“Learning is really simple, but our human condition makes how we learn complicated.”
2. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” — Mary Engelbreit
“If you can’t inspire a learner, change how you teach them. If you can’t change how you teach them, give them space to discover interests on their own to effectively learn.”
3. “In seeking happiness for others, you will find it in yourself.” — Fortune Cookie
“In seeking learning in others, you’ll learn yourself.”
4. God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” — Reinhold Niebuhr
“God, grant each learner the serenity to accept how they best learn, have the courage to take advantage of the opportunity and the wisdom to appreciate it in the process.”
5. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
“Yesterday’s learning systems are history, tomorrow’s are in sight, but focus on the present to teach with the most cutting edge learning strategies possible.”
6. “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” Viktor Frankl
“Learning is never made unbearable by circumstances, but by a lack of understanding how to learn. Having a purpose is critical to the learning process, and making it the meaning of your life is capable of giving you all the happiness you’ll ever require.” — Unknown
7. If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.” — Chinese Proverb
“If you want knowledge in an hour, read the cliffs notes. If you want knowledge for a day, take a class. If you want knowledge for a year, get a degree. If you want knowledge for a lifetime, teach others.”
Thanks for reading. Please recommend the article and follow me and Traena on Medium.