- Google has unveiled its new 3D-modelling tool, named ‘Blocks’, to simplify the process to create compelling virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) experiences.
- The new tool is free and available now for HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift headsets.
- “Today, it takes complex software and a specific skillset to create compelling VR and AR experiences.
- So we developed Blocks, a VR app for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift that lets you easily create beautiful, 3D objects in no time,” said Jason Toff, Group Product Manager at Google, in a blog post on Thursday.
- “Blocks is designed to feel more like playing with children’s blocks than working with traditional 3D modeling software,” Google explains.
@evankirstel: “Google launches free 3D modelling tool ‘Blocks’ to allow users to make 3D models in #AR, #VR” open tweet »