- The content creators would create the content only if there is a significant user base and the users will only adopt the technology if there is a variety of content to consume.
- It is also important that the content creator should not be biased towards a particular application of the technology and create content only for that.
- The future of augmented reality looked even more exciting when Microsoft unveiled HoloLens, based on a concept called mixed reality.
- But it has been proved that technology or features don’t drive mass technology adoption, it is the value the technology creates for the user and the ease in adopting it that drives the adoption.
- Since Google launched Google Glass in 2013 and Facebook acquired Oculus Rift for $2 Bn in 2014, virtual reality and augmented reality have received tremendous global attention.
@RickKing16: “8 Drivers that will shape the future of virtual/augmented reality — Medium #vr #ar” open tweet »