- A new view of the world Pokémon Go may be the popular face of augmented reality (AR) apps — upon its debut last July, the game became an instant international obsession — but it was hardly the first AR effort.
- Augmented reality, which has been around the edges of popular consciousness for many years, is all about what you see and how and under what circumstances you see it.
- Unlike virtual reality (VR) where you are literally transported into another world, AR is still the real world, with an extra added something.
- AR iOS apps can use your camera and location data to capture or project virtual objects and information directly onto a smartphone or tablet display for entertainment, information, or even business uses.
- Of the many apps out there, here are nine of our current favorites, most of which are universal for iPhone and iPad.
@macworld: “Want to give augmented reality a try? Here are 9 iPhone apps that feature AR.” open tweet »