- So that we are all on the same page, 3-DoF detects rotational head movements and determines what direction you’re looking, while 6-DoF detects rotational and translational movements, meaning it determines what direction you’re looking as well as where you are in a VR world.
- At CES 2017, we showcased our monocular 6-DoF tracking demo entitled “ZORDS RISING: Power Rangers VR Experience,” where users explored a cinematic 6-DoF environment by making rotational and translational movements without any external tracking mechanisms.
- Our VR HMD reference design rigorously selects hardware components, such as the cameras and inertial sensors for 6-DoF, that are tuned and validated to support truly immersive VR experiences.
- Our Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 VR HMD uses stereo cameras for 6-DoF.
- We’re really excited with the inside-out 6-DoF progress we’ve made to date and look forward to seeing all the amazing 6-DoF VR experiences that developers come up with.
@qualcomm_in: “What’s next for advancing inside-out motion tracking for immersive mobile #VR?” open tweet »