- AR navigation startup WayRay on Tuesday announced a new round of investment from Alibaba and a partnership with Alibaba-backed carmaker Banma Technologies.
- WayRay and Banma will develop a new infotainment system that incorporates AR car navigation ability.
- The new system will be built into one of Banma’s 2018 car models and is expected to look like the above image.
- The AR car navigation display will show drivers the navigation and route information along with traffic data and other warnings on the windshield.
- Alibaba could be the first to successfully build such a system into cars unless Tesla beats it to the draw.
@CES: “Will #AR navigation be in your car soon? via @CNET” open tweet »