- The things people are making with Apple ARKit are mind-blowing, but for music fans, nothing will top this.
- It’s a faith recreation of the groundbreaking ’80s animated video “Take On Me” by A-Ha.
- The video (check it out here) used a mixed of live footage with then cutting edge rotoscoping animation techniques to create a kind of alternate universe of black and white characters that blended seamlessly with the real world.
- But this new version, created by Chicago-based AR and VR studio Trixi, used Apple’s ARKit, Mixamo (3D game character animation software), and an iPhone 7+.
- We’ve seen shows like Glee offer special effects-assisted takes on the classic video before, but showing us how it can be done with ARKit is just another reason to get excited for some of the augmented reality apps that will be coming to iOS in the coming months.
@mashable: “Apple ARKit user brings ’80s hit ‘Take On Me’ by A-Ha into augmented reality” open tweet »