- The company will be entering a crowded markets where Microsoft is pushing its AR glasses, called HoloLens , while Facebook-owned Oculus VR is targeting the VR market.
- Apple’s glasses will be introduced in 2018 at the earliest, if the company goes ahead with the project, according to a Bloomberg source.
- The company has also hired VR and AR experts and made some acquisitions that could help it meet its AR goals.
- New product categories, including the AR glasses, could help the company make up for falling iPhone sales.
- “ We are high on AR for the long run.
@evankirstel: “#Apple said to be eyeing wearable #AR glasses on @networkworld” open tweet »