- Australian airline Qantas has unveiled a new VR app, aptly named Qantas VR, which will allow users to visit Australia remotely.
- The Qantas app, which launches today on iOS and Android , was developed in partnership with Australian VR firm, Start VR.
- The new Qantas app allows users to experience the VR tours in conjunction with a Google Cardboard, Samsung Gear VR, or other compatible headset like the Google Daydream.
- The app isn’t just a way to sell flights to Australia, Tietzel says, but rather a way to allow a broad international audience to experience the cultural and historical heritage of Australia.
- Qantas first rolled out a VR program last year, offering up Samsung Gear VR headsets in First-Class cabins and lounges.
@DigitalTrends: “Australian airline Qantas launches new VR tourism app, deadly snakes not included” open tweet »