- The mobility and accessibility of mobile VR has been and will continue to be a crucial element of headsets like the Gear VR, Daydream, and others that don’t have the high-tier power and resolution of the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive.
- Now, mobile VR has another boon to their ecosystem with legendary businessman and philanthropist Bill Gates taking viewers on a virtual tour of the world with Bills Notes for Gear VR.
- I’m excited about the potential of VR and I’ll be sharing what I learn in my travels on a new #GearVR channel: https://t.co/9VoCnpBtiV pic.twitter.com/txQFRj8v1O — Bill Gates (@BillGates) April 9, 2017 Gates’ philanthropy is well known and it looks like he’s be using this opportunity with Gear VR to further the knowledge of causes around the world.
- In the most recently released of the four available episodes, called Small Innovations — Big Impact, Bill Gates challenges the viewer to a game of hide and seek as you spot innovations that are having a big impact on the world.
- Bills Notes is named for his personal blog of the same name and Bill looks to also be writing up short entries on his blog that go a bit deeper into the inspiration for each new episode of the VR show.
@UploadVR: “What effect will Bill Gates moving into the mobile #VR world have? via @The_CSJR” open tweet »