- Earlier this year Samsung revealed it is leading the pack with more than 5 million Gear VRs sold, crushing the nearly 1 million Sony PS VR headsets sold to date.
- Many of those headsets likely made it into people’s hands because of promotionsÂ offering the Gear VR free with the Samsung Galaxy S7 last year.
- This is your friendly reminder that Samsung has renewed the promotion, offering both the new Gear VR and its controller free with the purchase of the new Galaxy S8.
- What’s more, Samsung today indicated pre-orders for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ are outpacing the numbers for the S7 — suggesting this promotion is likely to have an enormous effect on the install base for the budding VR industry.
- In other words, there are a lot of free Gear VRs buyers could receive as a result of Samsung’s Galaxy S8 push.
@UploadVR: “Samsung is pushing #gearvr once again by offering them free with the #galaxyS8 via @hmltn” open tweet »