- For creative fans of virtual reality (VR), this week GIFHY Arts has launched its own app for HTC Vive, GIPHY Museum of GIF Art, allowing users to checkout its first exhibition Loop Dreams.
- Last year GIPHY Arts held a one day exhibition in New York’s SoHo neighborhood featuring 25 artists from its community.
- GIPHY Arts doesn’t just see GIF’s as humorous memes, but as an artistic medium to be explored by artists, aiming to directly engage with them, creating new distribution methods.
- Founded in 2013 by Alex Chung, GIPHY has big plans for the future: “There’s no better way to text someone a piece of moving art than the GIF–video is too big and unpredictable and takes too long to load,” said Giphy community curator Ari Spool to Popular Science.
- GIPHY Museum of GIF Art is free to download for HTC Vive.
@VRFocus: “.@GIPHYArts introduces the Museum of #GIF Art to @HTCVive: #Art #VR” open tweet »