- To step up to Facebook and Apple’s augmented reality (AR) kit, Google has introduced its own software development kit (SDK) called ARCore which brings AR features to android users.
- This is not the first time that Google has ventured into AR.
- In 2014, Google partnered with Lenovo to announce Project Tango phone which made hyper accurate AR possible by viewing the world in three dimensions.
- Google has also built blocks and tilt brush to make it easy for anyone to quickly create great 3D content for use in AR apps.
- In a blog post, Dave Burke, vice president, Android Engineering, Google said: “We’ve been developing the fundamental technologies that power mobile AR over the last three years with Tango, and ARCore is built on that work.
@TheDrum: “Google introduces its new augmented reality platform” open tweet »