- MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA — Google wants to turn your phone into an augmented reality machine.
- Augmented reality, or AR, is the concept of layering digital images on top of the real world.
- Google has one of the most powerful mobile AR tools with Tango, a project that has been years in the making and sprung out of its secretive product division called ATAP.
- Today, Tango is getting closer to running on a wide variety of powerful Android phones and the company showed off the platform’s latest capabilities at its annual I/O conference this week.
- Here’s a quick look at what Tango can do today, and some hints at what it’ll be able to do in the future as it comes to more devices.
@businessinsider: “Google’s augmented reality project is the coolest thing it showed off this week” open tweet »