- Gorillaz have released a new mobile app that uses augmented reality technology to superimpose elements from their recent music videos into the user’s surroundings via the smartphone camera.
- The band have also announced a global listening party for their next album, Humanz, which is out April 28.
- “Fans will be invited — via the app — to the Humanz House Party, an exclusive worldwide listening event which will allow fans to hear the new album in full for the first time,” a press release reads.
- “The Humanz House Party will be the largest ever geo-specific listening experience bringing people together across 500 locations.”
- Earlier this month, Gorillaz announced pop-up “Spirit Houses,” recreating the haunted house from their “Saturn Barz” video.
@pitchfork: “.@Gorillaz have launched a new AR app that allows you to explore their cartoon universe from your phone” open tweet »