- Their upcoming album Humanz will be out on April 28th, and the band is seemingly trying to hit every tech trend before that day comes.
- Gorillaz released new portraits of their avatars in a Facebook photo album, they shared a 360-degree version of the music video for their first single, and they’re hosting a bunch of pop-up “spirit houses” that promise “immersive, high-fidelity” surroundings.
- A Sonos collaboration from Gorillaz To top it off, today the band released an augmented reality app, Pitchfork reports.
- The app, called Gorillaz, will also play host to a global listening party, in which users will be invited to listen to the new album simultaneously.
- Since the early days of the band, Gorillaz have always dabbled in the mysterious and weird (in 2016, they released an animated comic on Twitter), but with Humanz, they seem to be trying everything at once.
@verge: “Gorillaz’s new AR app is the band’s latest attempt to try all the tech gimmicks” open tweet »