- John Legend is teaming up with virtual reality startup Baobab Studios for a new animated series titled “Rainbow Crow.”
- Executive produced by Legend and directed by “Madagascar” director Eric Darnell, the virtual reality series is based on a Native American folk tale that follows a singing crow (voiced by Legend) on its journey of self-discovery and acceptance in a rainforest.
- “Rainbow Crow brings storytelling and music together in a way no one else has yet in virtual reality,” he said.
- Participating with the project was a no-brainer for Legend, who told Variety that the capabilities of VR will help enhance the connection with viewers.
- The first episode of “Rainbow Crow” will premiere this month at the Tribeca Film Festival, with future episodes to be announced later this year.
@blackvoices: “John Legend is bringing a Native American folk tale to life in new virtual reality series” open tweet »