- Favreau, who accepted the Harold Lloyd Award, tells PEOPLE that he feels the emerging technology is just a new vehicle for entertainment that can complement and enrich the moviegoing experience.
- “Hopefully they’ll complement each other, but if done properly, you could have a good experience either in VR alone or in a communal setting to see the movie.”
- The Lumiere Awards honor creative achievements in storytelling that utilize technologies including VR, HDR and 3D.
- PEOPLE, Entertainment Weekly and LIFE VR (visit interactives.time.com/lifevr or download the app to check out our nominated virtual-reality experiences) are media partners for the awards, whose categories span film, TV, animation, documentaries, sports, music and gaming.
- Winners included Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk (best 3D live action feature), Zootopia (best 3D animated feature), The Click Effect (best VR documentary) and Finding Dory (best HDR animation), among others.
@RickKing16: “Jon Favreau Opens Up About the Future of Virtual Reality in Movies at Lumiere Awards #vr” open tweet »